Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Call me a Wah-mbulance.

My slow jog was painful today.  Knee hurt, calves cramped, stomach cramps...wtf?

Really?  I have my biggest race yet Sunday!!  Suck it up body parts!

So, I called it quits after 2 miles.  I figured I'd better be safe, and I doubt I'm going to revert to pre-run stats by Sunday. 

I am pretty sad though...I thought for sure I'd be moving up this week to the 4 miles as my easy runs.

Anyway, let's talk about a couple of things.

1. 50% of tonight's dinner was awesome.

Guess.



2. These.

::cringe::


 What do these two things have in common?  My favorite food store, Trader Joe's!  What else do these two things have in common?  Two of the worst tasting Trader Joe's items EVER.  The salad in the top picture was awesome, grilled plums, grilled red onion over a wilted spinach salad with goat cheese.  I decided to pair it with chicken marinated in TJ's peanut satay sauce...BLECH.  Seriously, awful.  The next winner of worst tasting is, obviously, "GREAT TASTING SEA GUMMIES."  It doesn't even sound appetizing now that I'm re-reading it.  At the time, I figured, I hate taking vitamins, let's get some Sour Patch Kids.

WRONG.

I wish we had smell-o-internet so I can open the cap and give you a whiff of straight up sea death.  Smells like a NYC sewer boiling up on a hot day. 

So, my omega-3's will be lacking for a bit.

All that said, this is only the third time ever that I've been disappointed by my TJ's.  The other time was a frozen slop of eggplant curry from the frozen aisle that I tossed in the office trash and everyone at work thought I barfed. 


Lastly, weight loss is stalled.  I gotta clean up my act a little bit more, peanut butter on half an english muffin ain't working for me as a pre-run snack and neither is the complete aversion to water.

Exciting week.  I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment