Mostly about the parking/shuttle/picking up bibs/making it to the starting line on time. Secondly about making it through the race.
I've never run this far a distance before! Then again, I'd never run more than two miles when I did my first 5K...so it's kind of the same...right?!?!
Last night while perusing Pinterest, for which my love wanes lately, I found all of these Nike shirts with pretty snarky sayings on them. "Running Sucks." is my favorite, very closely followed by "My Feet Hurt from Kicking so Much Ass." I had this great idea to wake up at the crack of dawn and go to the outlets, to go to the Nike store, that will obviously carry any shirt I want at any time always and at a discount.
Obstacle 1: Awaken the Spouse.
|Buried in there...a husband!|
|Guess which breakfast of champs is mine!|
Obstacle 2: Beat the Crowds.
This turned out to be easy. Why? Because I don't know how to read. Well, that's not true, I'm just too impatient to read things fully. I'm more the toss-the-instructions-in-the-trash-with-the-packaging type. So, yes, the outlets open at 9:00 AM in June. Starting June 16th. Oops.
I guess there were really only two obstacles. Once there, we killed some time and then hit up the following stores:
- Nike Factory Store - Tempo Shorts, Dri-Fit T-Shirt with non-snarky phrase: $35
- Under Armour - Two tank top type dealies, one of which cost more because it was a different color? Pfft. - $35
- J. Crew - In an attempt for me to actually buy real clothing for once...I ended up with a maxi dress, a belt, and a necklace. - $45
- Gap - Nothing. - $0
- American Apparel - BICYCLE SHORTS (aka chub rub prevention) OMGYES! $14
- Banana Republic - Dress. - $20
- Adidas - Sandals, Boston Marathon shorts (big fan, maybe run it some day...for now, I like the orange/red color and the unicorn and that they were about $12). - $40
- Adidas - Didn't buy...but probably should have...
|THESE. ARE. SNEAKERS. FOR REALS.|
The Running Outfit Haul:
The Nike store did not have either shirt I was looking for, UNBELIEVABLE. And the ones with funny phrases were cotton. Instead I got:
|With the way I sweat...I'm EXTREMELY alive.|
|Pretty tame for me! No zoom hat.|
We got sunglasses, we got a Headsweats hat, a ball of socks, Old Navy running shorts, my disintegrating old faithful bike shorts, some soccer throwbacks with those Adidas slides, my Brooks, and a camera holster.
I have a feeling I'm going to want to throw my camera holster into the Hudson. I hate having too much, I mean, ANYTHING, hanging on me, but I want to take pictures, and I gotta leave my car so far from the race and be shuttled so I can't leave it there, and I just got a sweet ass camera (see how nice my new pics are? Canon S95!).
The plan is to finish the race. That's it. Post-party a little. Retrieve the car, and finally, get some brews somewhere. At 9:30 in the morning...
To be continued.