Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Phew.

Hey New York!!

Guess what?

It's HOT outside!

Like, really, really, really, really, really, really, HOT!

HAZY, HOT AND HUMID!

Are you sick of the news reports about it being hot? And it's summer?

IT'S HOT IN THE SUMMER OH NOES!

Okay.  I'm delirious.  I didn't even give a thought towards running outdoors today.  In fact, I barely did all week.  The Jackie Warner workout I did on Sunday beat me with a baseball bat.  I literally could barely move until today. 

So I had this whole plan to go work my ass off on the dreadmill...but I get scheduled for a phone interview at 5.  WHAT TO DO!? I don't get cell service inside my house (Thanks, AT&T) so I decide to workout until 4:50, run to my car, blast the AC to try and dry myself off a little, and get me through that first interview.  Check my email, got another one lined up. 

UNIVERSE: YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR ME.  THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I got two miles in, not bad considering I was barely able to stand up straight yesterday.  I'll have to try it again tomorrow.  

It's kinda weird that I wait all year for summer vacation, like the 5 year old that I am, and it's almost all booked up already!  Friends, if you're reading, I have limited days left...book now! :)  Last night I finally booked the rest of the hotels for California.  That tyrant of a husband made me sit there and do it because I'm such a slacker.  But then he got me an ice cream sandwich (skinny cow ftw!) and I'm in love again.

I'm kinda ultra excited about our California trip.  Other than Napa, Sonoma, Russian River Brewing Co., Stone Brewing, beaches, kayaking in sea coves, Alcatraz, shopping, The Grove, Sea World, etc... It's also become the quirky hotel tour because quirky hotels have good (for CA) prices.  Check out the Yelps....

Hotel Rex, San Francisco Jazz themed, free wine hour with local wines.

Kon Tiki Inn, Pismo Beach All rooms face the ocean and have a patio!

The Pearl Hotel, San Diego Outdoor movies by the pool, bar with local brews.

Farmer's Daughter Hotel, Los Angeles Good restaurant, across from The Grove and Farmers Market.

I really want to squeeze a race in while out there, but somebody doesn't want to!  Boooooo! 

Only problem I have is the flying part.  I have meltdowns.  Quiet, sobbing, meltdowns before I board planes and waiting to take off.  I am a BALL of fun. 

But once the money is out of the bank, there's no going back. 



No comments:

Post a Comment