Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cross off Another One.

Ummmm.

No.

Color Run, you were supposed to be in Central Park on August 25th.  Crazily, I also expected registration fees for this 5K to be < $50.

All the way out in Brooklyn?

$50 to run for around 30 minutes (and no assigned charity/no MEDAL!?).

I'll pass.

I need to find my newly running cousin a new first 5K.  And if anyone ever read this blog, I'd ask for suggestions!

Let's talk about a good race. 

The American Cancer Society George Washington Bridge Challenge is SUNDAY.  OHMYGOD!  And I will be crippled by then.  Today we took the kiddos on a field trip to the Bronx Zoo.  You would've thought I was leading them to their deaths.  Thirty high school students, 80 degrees, walking...yeah...bad idea.  And as much as I teased them, it felt so good to sit on the bus on the way back to the school.  My feet/ankles/calves are so sore! I'm totally sunburnt! Just from walking around the zoo! And walking to the zoo...our school is only 1.5 miles away.  Turns out our students crap out at about .25, oops. 

What was awesome today?  My Metrocard didn't work and the bus driver let me on anyway! Booyah!

And, I don't have to go into work tomorrow, I get to go downtown to a meeting!  I love it!

Today's National Running Day, folks.  I didn't run today.  I feel like a sham runner. I'm still trying to keep all my body parts in working order til Sunday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment