I had this whole post on Monday about how awesome Monday was. And how this was a sign of the week to come.
Work was consistently stressful, I started taking Metformin, which thankfully, I haven't had any side effects from....knock on IKEA particleboard, I went on a massive GROUP interview (horrendous), I've had to give up beer/wine for the next month probably, and all my runs SUCKED.
Tuesday, I did 4 miles, but I had to keep stopping because of a cramp in my calf. Thursday, I waited for my husband to run with me, who decided we don't need to run that far, so we turned around at 1.5. Yesterday, ugh, worst run in a long time. Pretty much as bad as the time I did that one mile at the track. The mistake was trying a new venue. I don't do well with change. We went to Van Cortlandt park to run the 1.5 mile parade loop four times.
Why Saturday's Run was the Ultimate Disappointment:
- The parade grounds are covered in gravel/dirt. Pureconnects are not a fan.
- My husband can't wake up early. We got there around 10AM. It was 78 degrees and NOT A CLOUD IN THE SKY. I could feel myself burning.
- We tried to get some shade by running off the loop onto the trails. Another bad idea.
- Ended up walking probably a half mile.
- We stopped the clock at 3 sad, sad miles...half of what we'd set out to do.
- And not run related, but my brand new car has a million tiny scratches from the car wash.
So, I'm trying again today. I'll probably only do 4 miles, since I haven't had a good run at all this week. And not to make this post total Debbie Downer status, let's make another list.
Why This Week was Actually Decent:
- Booked a trip in July to go to San Francisco, Napa/Sonoma, Los Angeles, San Diego...and every winery and brewery in between.
- My resume got passed somewhere, to someone, that may want an interview soon. This could be LIFE CHANGING.
- We're getting closer to buying a house. Maybe by Christmas.
- I've lost 3 pounds this week...surely thanks to cutting out alcohol, and having a drug processing my insulin. 14 pounds down TOTAL...YES.
- I got Bon Iver Tickets! Who just yelled hipster?? Bastards.
- Oh, and I got a haircut!
|My shocked face. Where's my Oscar?|