Reality...My school will go on lockdown for a half hour after my usual work time, I will get to the gym late, there will be no parking, the only machine left is the recumbent stationary bike, YOU KNOW, THE ONE THE OLD LADIES USE.
Delusional Thought #2 of the day...I had to have lost like 10 pounds by now, between running, eating right, and all that good shit.
Reality...Ah, one pound down since last week. Awesome.
Delusional Thought #3 of the day...I am going to drink a gallon of water at work today.
Reality...I really fucking hate drinking water.
SEMI-Delusional Thought of the day...I am going to run a 10K in July and a Half Marathon in August.
Reality...I have a TON of work to do.
So. Eventful day. Allow me to lament about the gym. In fact, since I like making lists, let's do this:
WHY RUNNING OUTSIDE IS 1,005 TIMES BETTER THAN GOING TO THE GYM
- You do not have to wait for a machine only to get stuck on the crappy recumbent bike with the sketchy seat and two channels on the TV (white people problems?)
- You (typically) will not see any naked people. Especially in close proximity, hopefully.
- If you want to get away from someone, you run faster. Doesn't work on the treadmill.
- The temperature typically varies from 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You do not smell people outside. Dog poop, briefly, maybe, but you can get AWAY FROM THE SMELL.
- You don't feel like a hamster.
- You don't have to look for parking.
- You don't feel like you just caught a few diseases from touching the heart rate monitor.
- You can look around without having the paranoid and self-conscious think you're judging them (I can see you turned the level down before you started speeding up, and I DON'T CARE).
- YOU DO NOT SEE NAKED PEOPLE. ALL UP IN YOUR GRILL.
- Yeah, locker rooms are friggin' gross. The End.
Worth it? Probably not. But how else will I get my wall of greatness going?